Statement of Rental Policy
- Equal Opportunity Housing Provider: We do not discriminate against any person because of disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, familial status, national origin, source of income, or sexual orientation.
- Pet Policy: Inside cats only. No exotic pets. Assistance animals permitted as defined by Federal & State laws. No pet deposit required or additional rent for approved assistance animals.
- Security Deposit: Equal to one month's rent
- This is a smoke free campus: Smoking is not permitted by residents or guests.
Lease Term: One year only
- Apartment Availability Policy: Apartments become available to rent only after we receive notice to vacate, and the apartment has been approved by the maintenance manager as ready to offer to the public.
- Occupancy Guidelines: The number of occupants in an apartment will conform to the then existing Frederick City Housing codes.
- Application Process: All persons must submit a completed application. If you are unable to come to Detrick Plaza Apartments, an application will be mailed to you. Should it be necessary, assistance in completing your application will be provided. The application will ask for information related to your income, rental history, employment history, and will include a background and credit check.
- Rental Criteria: To qualify to rent an apartment at Detrick Plaza Apartments, in addition to the above, you must meet the following criteria:
- Income: The applicant must show enough income to equal the current rent plus utilities and normal living expenses. Requirements will be adjusted favorably for Senior Citizens (55+).
- Credit History: We use the same criteria as a bank would for your credit check. Bankruptcy or bad credit is not as important as the past two years' credit history.
- Background Check & Court Records: You must have a good rental history from your previous landlords. Your court records cannot show any legal actions current or past that may endanger, cause harm, or prevent existing tenants their right of the safe, peaceful enjoyment of their apartment.
Available apartments will be considered rented only after an applicant has been approved, a security deposit received and a lease signed.
Detrick Plaza Apartments abides by all Federal, State, City & County housing regulations. We also abide by all Federal & State ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) rules and regulations.
Please do not hesitate to call us with any question you may have.